Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Sunday, April 01, 2012

March 31, 2012- Uma Noite Caliente via the Back Door


wingssail images-fredrick roswold
Uma Noite Caliente

We’ve gone to hear music in many places. Last night the music came to us.

A Brazilian rock concert, “Uma Noite Caliente” (One Hot Night), which we could clearly hear from our boat, occurred overnight in a specially built venue on the grounds of the hotel where our marina is located. Chiclete Banana and several other Brazilian pop bands pumped out the amps until dawn and about five thousand young Brazilians danced and partied all night.

We might have wanted join the young crowd ourselves but the tickets started at $110 so we passed on that but I realized the day before, as the construction workers were putting the finishing touches on the stages, barricades and temporary walls, that we were already inside the perimeter. I thought it might be possible to walk directly from Wings into the concert grounds without passing any gate. They left us a back door.

Judy didn’t want to chance it but I thought I would give it a try.

So at midnight, when the music was at its loudest, I grabbed my Nikon and headed out. I expected to be stopped by one of the hundreds of security guards. After all not only did I look a little out of place but I also did not have one of the colored wrist bands showing that I had paid for my admittance, but no one gave me a second glance. I walked right into the crowd and right up to the stage.

I put up my big gun camera and banged off a few dozen shots, then beat a hasty retreat; I did not want a confrontation with these guards and most of all I did not want my camera to be confiscated. Anyhow, it wasn’t my kind of music.

During the early morning hours as the beat went on and on and the aid cars came and went there was a huge fireworks display right over our boat and a number of helicopter passes which we could hear from our bed. This was quite the event. We had prime seats but we didn’t get up. Let the kids party on, we’re sleeping.

At 06:00 I did another patrol: The kids were still there, the music was still going, but there was wreckage everywhere from the long night.

By sun-up it was all over.

Click here for more shots from Uma Noite Caliente.

Fred & Judy, SV Wings, Fortaleza, Brazil

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger jan roswold brown said...

Cool...we have one of the biggest music festivals in Indio, We can hear it, but we have never gone. Rather read a book.

01 April, 2012 21:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#