Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Friday, October 16, 2020

October 16, 2020-Three Legged Gecko

wingssail images-fredrick roswold Gecko Looks for BBQ Sauce 

There is a gecko in this photo, can you find it? 

When we last shared our gecko storywith you our big geckpo pet was eating a banana on our chart table. Cheeky little devil! But after that night the gecko disappeared, maybe forever! We were so sad. We wondered if it was just carbo loading before a long walkabout. 

However, since then another gecko has showed up. This one is “suction cup challenged”. It has only three feet. Its right rear leg has no foot. How can a gecko climb around with one foot missing?? 

This gecko is smaller and lighter skinned. It has appeared all over our boat. Apparently having only three legs does not prevent it from going where it wants. 

I once watched it creep along the bottom of some teak trim from one side of the boat to the other. The Gecko Highway! 

This is a favorite route for geckos to get from port to starboard. They all go that way when crossing across the salon. But how can one hang upside down and go along with only three feet? Magic Gecko! 

Once it jumped down from the ladder ONTO THE CORK OF OUR WINE BOTTLE! Geez Gecko, You are sort of cheeky. 

But when we got close it ran down and went behind the table leaf. 

Last night’s appearance really shocked me. 

I went outside to BBQ some pork and the three legged gecko showed up my cooking table which is really a solar panel.

This little three legged gecko was clearly sniffing around my bowl of BBQ sauce. I touched my finger in the bowl of BBQ sauce and then dropped some on the solar panel. The gecko then came over and licked the BBQ sauce. It likes it! I got my Redmi phone out and shot some clips. It was a game. When I got close for the shot it ran out of view. When I backed off it came back. 

I was worried when it ran off the side of the solar panel; what if it falls into the water? But three legs or no, it seemed quite capable . 

When I finished my cooking it sort of followed me into the cabin, like a puppy, but stopping just outside the door. 

I don’t know when or where it will show up next, but nothing will surprise me, and I am looking forward to it, because I like this little guy. 

Click here for more photos and a video

Fred & Judy, SV Wings, La Cruz

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#