Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Sunday, September 10, 2023

September 10, 2023-Heiko and Martina Cook Dinner

wingssail images fredrick roswold
Heiko and Martina on Wings


My neighbors at the marina are a German/Swiss couple named Heiko and Martina. Right now they are doing work on their boat in the boat yard.

I walked over to see how they are doing. Taking off years of old bottom paint is a hard job which, to save money, they are doing themselves and in the heat of the summer it is really nasty, hard, work.

I observed their progress. It's going slowly. I didn't think they had taken a hotel room which most people do when their boat is in the yard.

"Where are you staying?" I asked.

They looked at each other and said, "That is a good question."

I know they slept on the beach one night and the mozzies ate them alive.

I said, "Why don't you crash on Wings, I have plenty of space and I have air conditioning?"

They were delighted at that idea and said they would do that and they would cook dinner for us all.

So the next night they showed up at 7:30 with a bag full of food and they cooked while I fixed drinks. Martina made a great salad and Heiko turned out to be the master chef. His Pargo fish and wonderfully seasoned and sauteed veggies were delicious. Some wine was consumed.

Pargo and Veggies-Delicious

After dinner we talked and talked and laughed and laughed. More wine was consumed.

Finally I showed them their bunks and said I was going to bed. They were tired too but they were still up and when I heard on my boat for the first time in several months the soft voice of a sleepy woman I drifted off to sleep.

I don't know if Heiko and Martina will sleep here more nights, but they are welcome.

Click here for a couple more photos.

Fred, SV Wings, La Cruz Huanacaxtle

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that sounds almost perfect. Good friends, good food, good wine. Doesn’t get too much better than that.

15 September, 2023 17:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred you're a wonderful man and you had a wonderful wife I'm so sorry to hear she passed. I'm sure she would want you to thrive as do many other people myself included. I hope to see you later this season. Jim Parker

20 September, 2023 22:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#