Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

20231011-The day after the Storm

wingssail images-fredrick roswold
Mexican Chicken Dinner

I got through Hurricane Lidia. No problems except my shattered emotions from being alone during the storm. Nothing to see here, move along.

Today I put Wings back together (after the hurricane preps) and walked over to dock 9 to measure a boat for a sail. (my side hustle). Also rather boring. No photos, nothing to say.

But tonight, Ah, tonight.

I had a wonderful dinner. Nothing fancy, nothing gourmet, just a simple Mexican Rice, Beans, and chicken dinner. I poured some Mexican red wine and added some Habeno sauce. It was fast and good.

I’m not about cooking a fancy dinner for just myself. I’ll leave that to my niece Angie, she’s great at it but she doesn’t share it with me (LOL, she is in Iowa). As it is I’ll have left overs of my own for a couple of days.

I might put more time into it if I had a dinner guest.

I almost did.

wingssail images-fredrick roswold
Martina Chooses Curry
Martina, my neighbor came over to see if I had any curry powder. Martina and Heiko were cooking leeks for dinner and wanted some curry powder. Since they have both had their way with my galley she already knew: I have plenty of curry powder left over from when Mike and Judy Honu left it.

So Martina browsed my curry powder stash and left with two for Heiko to choose between.

That and a nice phone call which I got (private) and some nice WhatsApp texts which came in, and I am in a good mood tonight, which is quite a change from where I was this morning and last night after weathering Hurricane Lidia alone, which I hated

Fredrick Roswold, SV Wings, Mexico

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Angie said...

I would share meals with you anytime if I could get it from Iowa to Mexico still fresh and hot! I think your meal looks wonderful that you made for yourself!

29 October, 2023 18:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#