Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Saturday, November 18, 2023

20231118 Day Sailing on Wings (and other fun stuff)

Hey! Let’s go sail’in. I don’t know who had that idea but I was game and we gathered some of our dock mates and went out for a day sail. The boat was fine, (after I adjusted the checkstay), the pick-up crew was superb, and we had a great day on the water.


wingssail images-judy sawyer

Fred adjusts the checkstay
It was supposed to be a gentle day sail but I coulldn't help myself, I got busy playing captain and got everybody working hard, we sailed as if we were racing. I felt a little bad giving orders right and left but the crew thought it was fun. Soon we got the A3 Spinnaker up and the wind was a bit stronger and we went fast down wind. Even our jibe was perfect, but 13.7 knots of wind and a good crew makes makes that easier.

Happy Sailor

Click here To see more photos.

And be sure to scroll down and see the great crew I had that day. (and more hi-jinks from the month too).

Fredrick Roswold, SV Wings, Mexico

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see pictures of you sailing! - Angie

19 November, 2023 10:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos are great! You are looking very dapper dear brother and you have a handsome group onboard for your day sail. Sounds like a lot of good fun.
Keep up the ‘going’! lil sis

22 November, 2023 17:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#