Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Monday, January 19, 2009

January 20, 2009-Yacht Haven Marina in the Morning

wingssail image-fredrick roswold
Luxury

The sun rises at 7:00 and I fill my Starbuck's mug and go for a walk on the docks at Yacht Haven. It is quiet at that time.

On C-Dock where Wing's is berthed nobody seems to be up on any of the boats, or at least they are not on deck yet. I walk a few paces then stop for a sip of coffee, feel the soft breeze just starting at this time of day, and look around: every thing seems right on C-Dock. The sun is starting to warm things and little waves in the marina are sparkling. Flags are just starting their day of flapping. Every thing is waking up at 7:00.

I walk over to the super yacht pier. Here some of the boat boys are up and as I walk past the towering yachts I hear the sound of decks being washed and pots and pans clattering in the crew's quarters. A prospective worker waiting for a job says, "Morning boss" to me as I pass.

"Sawasadee", I answer in Thai.

On Bristolian a crew member washes off the BBQ cover. I say "hello" and she returns the greeting with a smile. By the time I get to the work dock at the end of the line my coffee cup is drained. One last look around and I turn back.

Í'm starting to think about food; maybe I can get some chow on Wings if the cook is out of bed.

I stroll back towards Wings, swinging my empty coffee cup at my side and I am thinking that this is a good life and walking the docks is a great way to start the day.

Click here for more shots of Yacht Haven

Fred & Judy, SV Wings, Phuket

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#