Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Thursday, September 07, 2023

September 3, 2023-Sailing With Salomé and Ben and Martina

Salomé has been helping me work on Wings and we went sailing a couple of weeks ago. Now her boyfriend Ben has arrived and we decided to go sailing again so he can see what it is like.

We also invited Martina, my neighbor and her boyfriend Heiko, (but he declined). And we asked Rick from Eyes of the World and Ricardo (another Rick but he went by Ricardo) and Ricardo brought Caroline, so that made seven of us all together.

wingssail images fredrick roswold
FAKE photo with Salomé, Ben, Rick and Martina Unfortunately it was a big Instragram FAIL! Nobody took any photos on this trip so my shot, above. is a FAKE. I just made it up. But we had a great time. 

The wind was nice and we traded off steering, both Ben and Martina took a turn, with Salomé coaching each of them. (Salomé is quite handy to have aeound the boat and in order for me to help the new people know what to do, I just put Salomé in charge and she is a natural). 

Martina also trimmed the Kite and everyone went forward to take it down after our fun sail. 

The funniest part was after we got finished sailing and I had the beer brought up I asked Salomé to steer again, which she did, but she quickly said, "Why are we going this way, the marina is back there?" 

I answered, "We're dinking beer now, we can go in later." 

"OK" 

We also sailed into the marina before we dropped the main and started the engine, so we followed pretty much all of my sailing rituals. 



Fred, SV Wings, Mexico

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#